Friday, December 18, 2009

STOP Means GO!

Two things of extremely minimal noteworthiness happened today. Once you read the second item you should realize why I bothered to write about either.

After breakfast I took a canoe out onto the lagoon for about an hour. Nothing special happened. I didn’t tip over; I didn’t see any neat wildlife; in fact I didn’t really see anything at all.

My other point of action was that I took the advice of Mr. Quinn, which was to have a few beers for him. I didn't want them; I only had them to do a favour, so Brad, when I get home, you owe me 120 Baht (which comes to just under four bucks US). Thanks.

Three cold beers, consumed very quickly after a full day in the sun with no lunch gave me quite the buzz – which added nicely to the twenty minute walk in the dark I had to take to get me from town back to the resort. I tried to write this with the slurred language I’d likely use if I were speaking rather than typing but the damn spell-check keeps correcting me…

The traffic is crazy here. Thailand has those red, octagonal-shaped signs with the letters S-T-O-P on them, but they must mean something different here because not one car stopped. Crossing the street is a bit like playing Frogger. Good thing I skipped school as much as I did to hit the arcade…

No comments:

Post a Comment